Dr. Thyssen is a Registered Nurse, college professor, and mental health advocate. Since the death of her 13-year-old son, Traeh, she has shared her family's story and message with thousands of people across the US both in-person and virtually.
To enhance her knowledge of suicide prevention, she has attended various workshops, trainings, and webinars. She is currently a certified Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor, which allows her to provide training to certify adults on the necessary skills to recognize and intervene in potential crisis situations involving youth. She is a dynamic and engaging speaker who now combines professional expertise with personal experience.
If you would like to book Dr. Thyssen to speak at your event or are interested in taking the Youth Mental Health First Aid course, please email email@example.com
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among children and adolescents ages 12-18.
WHAT MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID COVERS
• Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges in this age group, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
• How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis.
• How to connect the youth with help.
• Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying